FOSS4G UK 2018
On the 9th to 10th of March 2018, OSGeo:UK will be bringing together all those interested in free and open source geospatial software for FOSS4G UK 2018. The format and agenda is to be announced, but we’re hoping to make it a great event! But…
We Need Your Help!
FOSS4GUK 2018 is organised entirely by volunteers. We’re currently in the process of formalising our organising committee. As it stands, we are looking for the following roles:
- Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles; help organise the after party on the Thursday!
- Code Sprint Coordinator - Help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for a codesprint on the Saturday
- Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018!
If you are interested please speak to James Milner.
The current committee line up is:
- Chair - James Milner (3D Repo)
- Co-Chair - Tom Chadwin (Northumberland National Park)
- Events Coordinator - Isabel Ulitzsch (Geovation)
- Treasurer - Steven Feldman (KnowWhere Consulting)
- Swag Coordinator - Sam Franklin (DeepSky Consulting)
- Sponsor Coordinator - Max Stephan (Geovation)
- Workshop Coordinator - Nick Bearman (Clear Mapping)
Conference format to be confirmed, but expect something similar to FOSS4G UK 2016 (Southampton), and/or FOSS4G 2013, Nottingham only somewhat smaller.
- 8th - 9th of March 2018 (Thursday and Friday)
Codesprint (To be confirmed)
- 10th of March 2018 (Saturday)
The Geovation Hub
1 Sekforde Street
Getting to London
- ~2hrs 10mins from Manchester by train
- ~1hr 30mins from Birmingham by train
- ~3hrs 40mins from Cardiff by train
- ~1hr 25min flight from Edinburgh to London Stansted
Getting to the Geovation Hub
- ~7 minute walk from Farringdon Tube Station
- ~17 minute walk from Chancery Lane Tube Station
- ~19 minute walk from Angel Tube Station
To be announced
Accommodation and Party
To be announced
We want to make this happen, but we need your help! Got a space you can give us for the Saturday (March 11th)? Can you help provide coffee and catering for the event? Let us know!
We want to keep the cost of entry to FOSS4GUK as low as possible - sponsorship will help us to do that. If you are interested in sponsoring FOSS4GUK, there are opportunities for the smallest to the largest companies, and even for one man bands.
Code of Conduct
Participants at FOSS4G UK 2018 are expected to act respectfully toward others in accordance with the OSGeo Code of Conduct.
For updates follow @osgeouk on Twitter.
Help us support and promote the use of open source geospatial software within the UK by donating via PayPal using the button below: