FOSS4G:UK Local 2022 - Keyworth (British Geological Survey)
We are very grateful to the British Geological Survey for supporting FOSS4G:UK Local at this event.
Location & Travel
The British Geological Survey (BGS) headquarters are located in Keyworth, southeast of Nottingham, in the Midlands of England.
British Geological Survey
- Bus: Trent Barton buses run “the keyworth” service from Nottingham town centre to Keyworth every 15 minutes.
- Train: The nearest railway stations are Nottingham, Loughborough and East Midlands Parkway. There is a taxi rank at each, and “the keyworth” bus passes Nottingham railway station.
There is bike parking next to reception.
The preferred postcode for satellite navigation is NG12 5GD. See Google maps directions. There is visitor parking on site. You will need to record your car registration number on arrival.
Please register via the FOSS4GUK form (Deadline 10 November 2022). Due to limitations on the room size, the number of delegates is limited to 25 on a first-come, first-served basis. If there is demand we will look to increase this closer to the time. Coffee and lunch will be provided; please indicate any dietary requirements on the form.
The event is free to attend but we strongly encourage attendees (and/or their employers) to make a donation of £20 (more if you can afford or less if you can’t) - see here for details.
The schedule for Thurs 17th Nov 2022 is:
- 09:00 - 09:30 - Arrivals and coffee
- 09:30 - 10:00 - Opening and welcome
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Anita Graser (online): Shaping Open Spatial Data Science
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Tim Sutton (online): 20 Years of QGIS: Successes and Failures of a Global Phenomenon
- 11:00 - 16:00 - Local sessions: Lightning talks and workshops
- 16:00 - 16:30 - Regina Obe (online): PostGIS Vision: Past, Present, and Future
- 16:30 - 16:45 - Wrap-up
- 16:45 onwards - local arrangements
Local sessions: Lightning talks and workshops
In the middle part of the day, between the streamed keynotes, we will have a lightning talks and workshop sessions. Delegates are invited submit “Lightning Talks” via the Call for Talks form (Deadline: Fri 14th Oct 2022). These presentations will be offline and local-only and will be 5-10 minutes long, depending on how many are submitted.
There will be a workshop on “Using BGS Open Data in QGIS” and a room will be available for watching presentations streamed from other venues.
Code of Conduct
Participants at FOSS4G:UK Local 2022 are expected to act respectfully toward others in accordance with the FOSS4GUK Online Code of Conduct. Short version: everyone is welcome, make everyone welcome, be nice.